- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, including planning and assigning work and establishing performance and development goals for team members
- Educate and train all team members in compliance with federal, state, and local laws and safety regulations
- Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on food, supplies, and labor costs
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met
- Perform all duties of kitchen managers and employees as necessary
- Achieve and maintain company and brand standards for quality and guest satisfaction
- Ensure security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory and equipment and replenish supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste
- Some college and/or advanced training in food and beverage management plus 2 years of related experience, including supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- ServeSafe or Food Handler’s certification, or willingness to obtain
- Must have advanced knowledge of food service regulations
- Must be organized, skilled with time management, and efficient in hot and cold line production
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours per shift in an environment with extreme temperatures
- Skilled with the use of hand tools or machines needed for the position
- Able to lift, carry, or pull objects that may be heavy
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Welcome to the Ditka Family of Restaurants. We are a collection of supreme casual dining restaurants featuring American Cuisine People Love©. Our mission is to build a company of restaurants that have a reputation for human goodness, flawless execution, and being best-in-segment by providing a consistently memorable experience to each member of Our Family – Guests, Communities, Team Members, Friends of the Restaurant, and Suppliers – anchored by our passion for Authentic Hospitality, Culinary Excellence, Quality Everywhere, and Integrity Always. These are four cornerstones of our culture and the driving force behind everything we do and defined as:
Authentic Hospitality is warmly welcoming Our Family with a genuine smile and sense of fun,
manifesting kindness and good manners, and seeing to their comfort and well-being.
It is embracing Our Family without the expectation of return.
Culinary Excellence is putting “art on a plate” through depth of knowledge and high skill,
rooted in classic culinary techniques, scratch cooking, and focus on innovative American cuisine.
It’s the source of Food People Love.
Quality Everywhere is setting and consistently meeting best-in-class standards
for the inputs to the guest experience, from the quality of our
Team Members and Suppliers, to the look and feel of our restaurants.
It’s the right Team Members, Suppliers, and environment delivered to our standards.
Integrity Always is keen awareness of the right thing to do and doing it without compromise,
owning and fixing mistakes, and actively protecting our goal of earning a reputation
for human goodness, flawless execution and being best-in-segment.
It’s putting an “I” in success.
Our purpose is to build a company of successful local restaurants on the strength of the four cornerstones and fidelity to our basics. We measure success as real, restaurant-level growth in sales and profit, the pride of Our Family in having Ditka's Restaurant Group as part of their lives, and the active loyalty of our Team Members, Suppliers, Friends of the Restaurant, and Guests & Communities. We know success depends on the initiative, goodwill, and performance of our Team Members and Leaders working together to ensure memories of Personal Indulgence, A Great Bar, and Food People Love for our Guests and being A Good Neighbor for our Neighbors.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)