Welcomes guests in the bar, serves guests and exceeds expectations with respect to food, beverage and service quality. Ensures the proper handling of Company funds in accordance with established policy and procedures, and complies with all federal, state, local and Company requirements with respect to safe, lawful alcohol beverage service.
Key Performance Elements/Essential Functions
- Greets guests, obtains orders and prepares all alcoholic beverages in compliance with all federal, state, local and Company requirements.
- Follows all Company procedures relative to guest age verification.
- Has a thorough understand of food and drink offerings, including specials, LTO’s, promotions, etc., and suggestively sells and answers relevant questions to assist guests in their selections.
- Prepares and serves beverages adhering to all Company recipe and presentation standards.
- Serves food selections following all Company guidelines.
- Follows all established Company cash handling procedures. Prepares garnishes, drink mixes and other products on a timely basis, in accordance with Company standards and recipes.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintenance of glassware, bar supplies, ice, and other products needed to ensure a smooth, efficient bar operation.
- Alerts management if there is any suspicion that a guest is intoxicated and should be refused service for their safety and the safety of others.
- Follows Responsible Service of Alcohol systems
- Has a good working knowledge of restaurant, e.g., hours of operation, directions to the restaurant, food & beverage menu selections, general restaurant information (credit cards accepted, check policies, take-out programs, and any other important components as required.
- Attempts to resolve all guest complaints, striving for a flawless recovery to build brand loyalty. Advises management of any guest complaint.
- Acknowledge guests as they leave and invite them to come back to the restaurant.
- Maintains established guidelines for all liquor, beer, wine, mixes and supplies in the bar.
- Assists in the ongoing cleanliness and maintenance of all bar areas – Reports any deficiencies to management.
- Ensures a harassment free environment through proper personal conduct.
- Upholds safety and security standards at all times.
- Completes assigned weekly cleaning projects.
- Maintains professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Complete other job duties as assigned by the Manager on Duty.
- Lives our Core Values & Disciplines.
- Inspires cooperation and teamwork through positive attitude and enthusiasm.
- Able to remain positive and calm under stressful conditions.
- Strong commitment to serving others.
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests/employees.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to read and follow recipes.
- Inspires cooperation and teamwork through self-confidence, positive attitude, and enthusiasm.
- Ability to show Self-Discipline in the work environment
- Dependable, trustworthy.
- Genuinely warm and sensitive/polite.
- Exhibits neat, clean and professional image at all times.
- Proficient in the use of basic computer technology, e.g., POS systems.
- Able to lift and carry 30-50 pounds several times per shift.
- Must have sufficient mobility to move and/or operate in work area. Bending, turning, twisting upper body, reaching.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for periods up to 4 hours.
- This position requires work in hot environments both front of the house and in the back of the house for a restaurant.
- Must meet any federal, state, county or municipal regulations pertaining to the service of food and beverages, e.g., ServSafe Certifications.
- Ability to understand dangers of chemical use and must follow all OSHA related MSDS (now MSD) information as written
- Team Members must work well with limited supervision within their specific position functions but must be highly interactive with other Team Members to accomplish work.
- Minimum 1 year experience working as bartender in a full service concept.
- Complete understanding of the proper service of alcohol as dictated by the applicable federal, state, and local regulations
- Experience with dealing with customers in a food service environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Welcome to the Ditka Family of Restaurants. We are a collection of supreme casual dining restaurants featuring American Cuisine People Love©. Our mission is to build a company of restaurants that have a reputation for human goodness, flawless execution, and being best-in-segment by providing a consistently memorable experience to each member of Our Family – Guests, Communities, Team Members, Friends of the Restaurant, and Suppliers – anchored by our passion for Authentic Hospitality, Culinary Excellence, Quality Everywhere, and Integrity Always. These are four cornerstones of our culture and the driving force behind everything we do and defined as:
Authentic Hospitality is warmly welcoming Our Family with a genuine smile and sense of fun,
manifesting kindness and good manners, and seeing to their comfort and well-being.
It is embracing Our Family without the expectation of return.
Culinary Excellence is putting “art on a plate” through depth of knowledge and high skill,
rooted in classic culinary techniques, scratch cooking, and focus on innovative American cuisine.
It’s the source of Food People Love.
Quality Everywhere is setting and consistently meeting best-in-class standards
for the inputs to the guest experience, from the quality of our
Team Members and Suppliers, to the look and feel of our restaurants.
It’s the right Team Members, Suppliers, and environment delivered to our standards.
Integrity Always is keen awareness of the right thing to do and doing it without compromise,
owning and fixing mistakes, and actively protecting our goal of earning a reputation
for human goodness, flawless execution and being best-in-segment.
It’s putting an “I” in success.
Our purpose is to build a company of successful local restaurants on the strength of the four cornerstones and fidelity to our basics. We measure success as real, restaurant-level growth in sales and profit, the pride of Our Family in having Ditka's Restaurant Group as part of their lives, and the active loyalty of our Team Members, Suppliers, Friends of the Restaurant, and Guests & Communities. We know success depends on the initiative, goodwill, and performance of our Team Members and Leaders working together to ensure memories of Personal Indulgence, A Great Bar, and Food People Love for our Guests and being A Good Neighbor for our Neighbors.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)