Maintains a clean and sanitary working environment. Maintains product presentations, product quality, and cook time standards. Prepares and serves all items according to the Company’s recipes, plate presentations, and specifications.
Key Performance Elements/Essential Functions
- Cleans and sanitizes the work area before, during, and after shift.
- Practices sanitary and safe food handling at all times.
- Sets up work station for maximum productivity and efficiency consistent with company guidelines
- Prepares all food according to the Company’s recipes, plate presentations, and specifications.
- Enforces all cost control requirements within his/her control.
- Adheres to all food cost control systems – ‘NO TICKET, NO FOOD , proper portions and discussion with management about product out of date
- Prioritize tasks to maximize use of time.
- Date, label, and rotate all products as prescribed.
- Assists in the cleanliness, maintenance, and organization of all back-of-house storage areas.
- Completes all assigned prep work within assigned timelines (if applicable).
- Completes assigned daily and weekly cleaning projects.
- Ensures a harassment free environment through proper personal conduct.
- Upholds safety and security standards at all times.
- Maintains professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Complete other job duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Follows all personal behavior guidelines as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Ability to read and understand recipes and procedures for the proper preparation of all food items.
- Capable of using knives, slicing equipment, and other food preparation equipment safely.
- Able to respond in emergency situations to avoid imminent dangers to self and others.
- Inspires cooperation and teamwork through positive attitude, and enthusiasm.
- Able to remain positive and calm under stressful conditions.
- Dependable, trustworthy
- Exhibits neat, clean and professional image at all times.
- Able to lift and carry 30-50 pounds several times per shift.
- Must have sufficient mobility to move and/or operate in work area. Bending, turning, twisting upper body, reaching for up to x amount of times per day.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for periods up to 4 hours.
- This position requires work in hot environments both front of the house and in the back of the house for a restaurant
- Must meet any federal, state, county or municipal regulations pertaining to the service of food and beverages, e.g., ServSafe Certifications.
- Ability to understand dangers of chemical use and must follow all OSHA related MSDS (now MSD) information as written
- Team Members must work well with limited supervision within their specific position functions but must be highly interactive with other Team Members to accomplish work.
- Minimum 1 year experience working as Line Cook in a similar restaurant concept.
- Preferred ability to speak and understand English and Spanish at a conversation level, as well as reading and understanding recipes written in English
- Ability to perform the tasks as described above
- Additional culinary education preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Welcome to the Ditka Family of Restaurants. We are a collection of supreme casual dining restaurants featuring American Cuisine People Love©. Our mission is to build a company of restaurants that have a reputation for human goodness, flawless execution, and being best-in-segment by providing a consistently memorable experience to each member of Our Family – Guests, Communities, Team Members, Friends of the Restaurant, and Suppliers – anchored by our passion for Authentic Hospitality, Culinary Excellence, Quality Everywhere, and Integrity Always. These are four cornerstones of our culture and the driving force behind everything we do and defined as:
Authentic Hospitality is warmly welcoming Our Family with a genuine smile and sense of fun,
manifesting kindness and good manners, and seeing to their comfort and well-being.
It is embracing Our Family without the expectation of return.
Culinary Excellence is putting “art on a plate” through depth of knowledge and high skill,
rooted in classic culinary techniques, scratch cooking, and focus on innovative American cuisine.
It’s the source of Food People Love.
Quality Everywhere is setting and consistently meeting best-in-class standards
for the inputs to the guest experience, from the quality of our
Team Members and Suppliers, to the look and feel of our restaurants.
It’s the right Team Members, Suppliers, and environment delivered to our standards.
Integrity Always is keen awareness of the right thing to do and doing it without compromise,
owning and fixing mistakes, and actively protecting our goal of earning a reputation
for human goodness, flawless execution and being best-in-segment.
It’s putting an “I” in success.
Our purpose is to build a company of successful local restaurants on the strength of the four cornerstones and fidelity to our basics. We measure success as real, restaurant-level growth in sales and profit, the pride of Our Family in having Ditka's Restaurant Group as part of their lives, and the active loyalty of our Team Members, Suppliers, Friends of the Restaurant, and Guests & Communities. We know success depends on the initiative, goodwill, and performance of our Team Members and Leaders working together to ensure memories of Personal Indulgence, A Great Bar, and Food People Love for our Guests and being A Good Neighbor for our Neighbors.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)