Assist food servers in bussing and re-setting of tables in assigned stations along with ongoing dining room and restroom cleanliness and maintenance. May also assist in the re-filling of non-alcoholic beverages, service of bread/chips or other specified food products. Responsible for cleaning and maintenance of specific areas of restaurant (dining room areas, building exterior and entrance areas, rest rooms, etc.). Site specific.
Key Performance Elements/Essential Functions
- Complete all designated cleaning/stocking/maintenance duties per established time line.
- Assist servers in bussing and re-setting of tables in assigned stations.
- Maintain assigned areas of responsibility during service periods, e.g. rest rooms, restaurant entrance, service stations, building exterior, etc.
- Completes any pre-shift, ‘running’ shift, and post shift set-up, prep, cleaning and stocking as outlined by management and in accordance with established company standards.
- Working in a team environment, assist other Bus People/Team Members as needed. –
- Has a good working knowledge of restaurant; (e.g. hours of operation, directions to the restaurant, food & beverage menu selections, general restaurant information, credit cards accepted, check policies, take-out programs and any other issues raised related to the training of the position.
- Acknowledge guests as they leave and invite them to come back to the restaurant.
- Ensures a harassment free environment through proper personal conduct.
- Upholds safety and security standards at all times.
- Completes assigned weekly cleaning projects.
- Maintains professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Complete other job duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Friendly and pleasant.
- Inspires cooperation and teamwork through self-confidence, positive attitude, and enthusiasm.
- Able to remain positive and calm under stressful conditions.
- Strong commitment to serving others.
- Dependable, trustworthy.
- Willing to extend themselves to the guests they serve Genuinely warm and sensitive/polite.
- Exhibits neat, clean and professional image at all times.
- Able to lift and carry 50 pounds continuously during the shift.
- Must have the ability to move and/or operate in the work area
- Includes stooping, twisting upper body, grasping and handling small, heavy objects including plates, silverware, glassware.
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests/employees.
- Must meet any federal, state, county or municipal regulations pertaining to the service of food and beverages.
- Must understand chemicals used in the work environment..
- Team Members must work well with limited supervision within their specific position functions but must be highly interactive with other Team Members to accomplish work.
- Minimum 6 months experience working in a full service restaurant concept at any position preferred
- 6 months to one year as a busperson in a full service restaurant.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Welcome to the Ditka Family of Restaurants. We are a collection of supreme casual dining restaurants featuring American Cuisine People Love©. Our mission is to build a company of restaurants that have a reputation for human goodness, flawless execution, and being best-in-segment by providing a consistently memorable experience to each member of Our Family – Guests, Communities, Team Members, Friends of the Restaurant, and Suppliers – anchored by our passion for Authentic Hospitality, Culinary Excellence, Quality Everywhere, and Integrity Always. These are four cornerstones of our culture and the driving force behind everything we do and defined as:
Authentic Hospitality is warmly welcoming Our Family with a genuine smile and sense of fun,
manifesting kindness and good manners, and seeing to their comfort and well-being.
It is embracing Our Family without the expectation of return.
Culinary Excellence is putting “art on a plate” through depth of knowledge and high skill,
rooted in classic culinary techniques, scratch cooking, and focus on innovative American cuisine.
It’s the source of Food People Love.
Quality Everywhere is setting and consistently meeting best-in-class standards
for the inputs to the guest experience, from the quality of our
Team Members and Suppliers, to the look and feel of our restaurants.
It’s the right Team Members, Suppliers, and environment delivered to our standards.
Integrity Always is keen awareness of the right thing to do and doing it without compromise,
owning and fixing mistakes, and actively protecting our goal of earning a reputation
for human goodness, flawless execution and being best-in-segment.
It’s putting an “I” in success.
Our purpose is to build a company of successful local restaurants on the strength of the four cornerstones and fidelity to our basics. We measure success as real, restaurant-level growth in sales and profit, the pride of Our Family in having Ditka's Restaurant Group as part of their lives, and the active loyalty of our Team Members, Suppliers, Friends of the Restaurant, and Guests & Communities. We know success depends on the initiative, goodwill, and performance of our Team Members and Leaders working together to ensure memories of Personal Indulgence, A Great Bar, and Food People Love for our Guests and being A Good Neighbor for our Neighbors.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)