Cheerfully greets and seats all Guests in a friendly manner and assists in maintaining the overall Guest flow of the restaurant. Addresses Guests on their entrance and departure in a manner such that will feel welcome and want to return.
Key Performance Elements/Essential Functions
- Opens door for Guests as they arrive and depart.
- Warmly greets and seats Guests as they enter the restaurant, accommodating any special needs (boosters, high chairs, disabilities).
- Manages Guests’ expectations when there is a wait.
- Handles incoming calls courteously and efficiently, following established guidelines.
- Acknowledge Guests as they leave and invite them to come back to the restaurant.
- Performs other functions as time permits and as necessary including, but not limited to, rolling silverware, running food to tables, bussing tables, inspecting restrooms and building exterior, etc.
- Has a good working knowledge of restaurant, e.g., hours of operation, directions to the restaurant, food & beverage menu selections, general restaurant information (credit cards accepted, check policies, take-out programs, etc.
- Attempts to resolve all Guest complaints, striving for a flawless recovery to build brand loyalty. Advises management IMMEDIATELY of any Guest complaint
- Ensures a harassment free environment through proper personal conduct.
- Upholds safety and security standards at all times.
- Assists in the ongoing cleanliness and maintenance of all Greeter areas – Reports any deficiencies to management.
- Responsible for maintenance of all menus, Point of Sale Merchandise, Promotional Materials and other such items that reside in the Greeter area – report any deficiencies to management.
- Completes assigned weekly cleaning projects.
- Maintains professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Complete other job duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Lives our Core Values & Disciplines.
- Friendly, easy going and pleasant/smiles easily.
- Inspires cooperation and teamwork through self-confidence, positive attitude, and enthusiasm.
- Able to remain positive and calm under stressful conditions.
- Strong commitment to serving others.
- Dependable, trustworthy.
- Willing to extend themselves to the Guests they serve – Hospitable.
- Genuinely warm and sensitive/polite.
- Exhibits neat, clean and professional image at all times.
- Able to lift and carry up to 15 pounds
- Able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours at a time.
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively to Guests/employees.
- Must meet any federal, state, county or municipal regulations pertaining to the service of food and beverages.
- Extreme environmental demands on front of house people are few. The majority of work takes place indoors in climate controlled areas.
- The only chemicals involved are those of the cleaning kind. Training is given as to the appropriate use of these chemicals.
- During a typical shift a front of the house Team Member will have intense Guest contact and be involved in moderately to very stressful situations.
- Team Members must work well with limited supervision within their specific position functions but must be highly interactive with other Team Members to accomplish work.
- Minimum 6 months experience working in a hospitality, retail, or customer service role
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Welcome to the Ditka Family of Restaurants. We are a collection of supreme casual dining restaurants featuring American Cuisine People Love©. Our mission is to build a company of restaurants that have a reputation for human goodness, flawless execution, and being best-in-segment by providing a consistently memorable experience to each member of Our Family – Guests, Communities, Team Members, Friends of the Restaurant, and Suppliers – anchored by our passion for Authentic Hospitality, Culinary Excellence, Quality Everywhere, and Integrity Always. These are four cornerstones of our culture and the driving force behind everything we do and defined as:
Authentic Hospitality is warmly welcoming Our Family with a genuine smile and sense of fun,
manifesting kindness and good manners, and seeing to their comfort and well-being.
It is embracing Our Family without the expectation of return.
Culinary Excellence is putting “art on a plate” through depth of knowledge and high skill,
rooted in classic culinary techniques, scratch cooking, and focus on innovative American cuisine.
It’s the source of Food People Love.
Quality Everywhere is setting and consistently meeting best-in-class standards
for the inputs to the guest experience, from the quality of our
Team Members and Suppliers, to the look and feel of our restaurants.
It’s the right Team Members, Suppliers, and environment delivered to our standards.
Integrity Always is keen awareness of the right thing to do and doing it without compromise,
owning and fixing mistakes, and actively protecting our goal of earning a reputation
for human goodness, flawless execution and being best-in-segment.
It’s putting an “I” in success.
Our purpose is to build a company of successful local restaurants on the strength of the four cornerstones and fidelity to our basics. We measure success as real, restaurant-level growth in sales and profit, the pride of Our Family in having Ditka's Restaurant Group as part of their lives, and the active loyalty of our Team Members, Suppliers, Friends of the Restaurant, and Guests & Communities. We know success depends on the initiative, goodwill, and performance of our Team Members and Leaders working together to ensure memories of Personal Indulgence, A Great Bar, and Food People Love for our Guests and being A Good Neighbor for our Neighbors.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)