Washes dishes, silverware, pots/pans, glasses and other kitchen serviceware and equipment following established company procedures. Also responsibility for maintenance, cleanliness and upkeep of dish and pot/pan washing areas and related equipment. Assist as necessary with food preparation, restaurant cleanliness and other duties as assigned.
Key Performance Elements/Essential Functions
- Cleans and sanitizes the work area before, during, and after each shift.
- Proper operation of dish machine, following equipment guidelines and company policies and procedures.
- Ensures the proper stocking and use of all necessary chemicals – a complete understanding of the proper use of these chemicals
- Proper set-up of pot/pan washing area, ensuring proper stocking, cleaning and sanitizing of dishes, silverware, pots/pans, glasses, and other restaurant serviceware and equipment following established company guidelines.
- Assists in re-stocking cook’s and Server areas with clean serviceware and equipment as necessary to help ensure efficient guest service.
- Assists in cleanliness, maintenance and organization of back-of-house areas
- Assists in the cleanliness, maintenance, and organization of all back-of-house storage areas.
- Completes all assigned prep work within assigned time lines.
- Completes assigned daily and weekly cleaning projects.
- Practices sanitary and safe food handling at all times.
- Follows all systems of safety training
- Sets up work station for maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Prepares all food according to the Company’s recipes, plate presentations, and specifications.
- Mentally prioritizes tasks to maximize use of time.
- Dates, labels, and rotates all products.
- Ensures a harassment free environment through proper personal conduct.
- Upholds safety and security standards at all times.
- Maintains professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Complete other job duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Capable of using knives, slicing equipment, and other food preparation equipment safely.
- Able to respond in emergency situations to avoid imminent dangers to self and others.
- Ability to read and follow instructions related to the use of chemicals in the manner in which they are written.
- Able to remain positive and calm under stressful conditions.
- Exhibits neat, clean and professional image at all times.
- Able to lift and carry 30-50 pounds several times per shift.
- Must have sufficient mobility to move and/or operate in work area. Bending, turning, twisting upper body, reaching for up to x amount of times per day.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for periods up to 4 hours.
- This position requires work in hot environments both front of the house and in the back of the house for a restaurant
- Must meet any federal, state, county or municipal regulations pertaining to the service of food and beverages, e.g. ServSafe Certifications.
- Ability to understand dangers of chemical use and must follow all OSHA related MSDS (now MSD) information as written
- Team Members must work well with limited supervision within their specific position functions but must be highly interactive with other Team Members to accomplish work.
- Minimum 6 months experience working in similar positions within restaurant industry
- Preferred Experience includes restaurant dishwashing or prep experience or similar
- Preferred ability to speak and understand English and Spanish at a conversation level
- Ability to perform the tasks as described above
- No formal education requirement
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Welcome to the Ditka Family of Restaurants. We are a collection of supreme casual dining restaurants featuring American Cuisine People Love©. Our mission is to build a company of restaurants that have a reputation for human goodness, flawless execution, and being best-in-segment by providing a consistently memorable experience to each member of Our Family – Guests, Communities, Team Members, Friends of the Restaurant, and Suppliers – anchored by our passion for Authentic Hospitality, Culinary Excellence, Quality Everywhere, and Integrity Always. These are four cornerstones of our culture and the driving force behind everything we do and defined as:
Authentic Hospitality is warmly welcoming Our Family with a genuine smile and sense of fun,
manifesting kindness and good manners, and seeing to their comfort and well-being.
It is embracing Our Family without the expectation of return.
Culinary Excellence is putting “art on a plate” through depth of knowledge and high skill,
rooted in classic culinary techniques, scratch cooking, and focus on innovative American cuisine.
It’s the source of Food People Love.
Quality Everywhere is setting and consistently meeting best-in-class standards
for the inputs to the guest experience, from the quality of our
Team Members and Suppliers, to the look and feel of our restaurants.
It’s the right Team Members, Suppliers, and environment delivered to our standards.
Integrity Always is keen awareness of the right thing to do and doing it without compromise,
owning and fixing mistakes, and actively protecting our goal of earning a reputation
for human goodness, flawless execution and being best-in-segment.
It’s putting an “I” in success.
Our purpose is to build a company of successful local restaurants on the strength of the four cornerstones and fidelity to our basics. We measure success as real, restaurant-level growth in sales and profit, the pride of Our Family in having Ditka's Restaurant Group as part of their lives, and the active loyalty of our Team Members, Suppliers, Friends of the Restaurant, and Guests & Communities. We know success depends on the initiative, goodwill, and performance of our Team Members and Leaders working together to ensure memories of Personal Indulgence, A Great Bar, and Food People Love for our Guests and being A Good Neighbor for our Neighbors.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)