Working within a designated station, manages each assigned guest’s dining experience from the time they are seated until they depart. Through his/her attitude, attentiveness and demeanor, the server ensures that each and every guest’s experience is pleasant with their expectations being met or exceeded.
In a server-banking situation, this position must ensure the proper handling of company funds in accordance with established policy and procedures, and complies with all federal, state, local and Company requirements with respect to safe, lawful alcohol beverage service.
Key Performance Elements/Essential Functions
- Warmly greets guests after seating, within the established company standard.
- Having a thorough understanding of Steps of Service, serve guests per established standards.
- Working in a team environment, assist other servers/team members as needed
- Must be able to participate in team service
- Has a thorough understand of food and drink offerings, including specials, limited time offerings, promotions and any other food related offerings of the company.,
- Suggestive selling is an important part of this position. To accomplish this you must be able to answer relevant questions to assist guests in their selections.
- Must follow all company procedures relative to guest age verification for alcohol sales.
- Is the final ‘check’, ensuring all food and beverages prepared are correct and meet company quality and presentation standards – If there are any deviations from the standard, this position is responsible for notifying management. Follows all established Company cash handling procedures.
- Completes any pre-shift, ‘running’ shift, and post shift set-up, prep, cleaning and stocking as outlined, and in accordance with established company standards.
- Alerts management immediately if there is any suspicion that a guest is intoxicated and should be refused service for their safety and the safety of others.
- Has a good working knowledge of restaurant, e.g., hours of operation, directions to the restaurant, food & beverage menu selections, general restaurant information (credit cards accepted, check policies, take-out programs and all information provided by the company for reference.
- Guest complaint resolution expert. Any issue causing further issues must be brought to the attention of the manager on duty.
- Acknowledge guests as they leave and invite them to come back to the restaurant.
- Assists in the ongoing cleanliness and maintenance of all dining/service areas – reports any deficiencies to management.
- Ensures a harassment free environment through proper personal conduct.
- Upholds safety and security standards at all times.
- Completes assigned daily/weekly cleaning projects
- Maintains professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Complete other job duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Friendly, easy going and pleasant
- Inspires cooperation and teamwork through positive attitude and enthusiasm.
- Able to remain positive and calm under stressful conditions.
- Strong commitment to serving others.
- Willing to extend themselves to the guests they serve – wanting to become friends with their guests
- Genuinely warm and sensitive/polite.
- Exhibits neat, clean and professional image at all times.
- Able to lift and carry trays of food weighing up to 30 pounds from kitchen to dining room multiple times per shift.
- Must have the ability to move and/or operate in the work area includes stooping, twisting upper body, grasping and handling small, heavy objects (plates, silverware, glassware).
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests
- Must meet any federal, state, county or municipal regulations pertaining to the service of food and beverages.
- During a typical shift a front of the house team member will have intense guest contact and be involved in stressful situations.
- Team Members must work well with limited supervision within their specific position functions but must be highly interactive with other Team Members to accomplish work.
- Minimum 1 year experience working as a food server in a full service restaurant concept or to have worked in the full service restaurant business in any capacity
- Food Safety and BASSET Certification
- Ability to demonstrate an ability to focus on the needs of a guest
- Ability to use POS systems preferred
- A leadership role of any sort in the restaurant industry
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Welcome to the Ditka Family of Restaurants. We are a collection of supreme casual dining restaurants featuring American Cuisine People Love©. Our mission is to build a company of restaurants that have a reputation for human goodness, flawless execution, and being best-in-segment by providing a consistently memorable experience to each member of Our Family – Guests, Communities, Team Members, Friends of the Restaurant, and Suppliers – anchored by our passion for Authentic Hospitality, Culinary Excellence, Quality Everywhere, and Integrity Always. These are four cornerstones of our culture and the driving force behind everything we do and defined as:
Authentic Hospitality is warmly welcoming Our Family with a genuine smile and sense of fun,
manifesting kindness and good manners, and seeing to their comfort and well-being.
It is embracing Our Family without the expectation of return.
Culinary Excellence is putting “art on a plate” through depth of knowledge and high skill,
rooted in classic culinary techniques, scratch cooking, and focus on innovative American cuisine.
It’s the source of Food People Love.
Quality Everywhere is setting and consistently meeting best-in-class standards
for the inputs to the guest experience, from the quality of our
Team Members and Suppliers, to the look and feel of our restaurants.
It’s the right Team Members, Suppliers, and environment delivered to our standards.
Integrity Always is keen awareness of the right thing to do and doing it without compromise,
owning and fixing mistakes, and actively protecting our goal of earning a reputation
for human goodness, flawless execution and being best-in-segment.
It’s putting an “I” in success.
Our purpose is to build a company of successful local restaurants on the strength of the four cornerstones and fidelity to our basics. We measure success as real, restaurant-level growth in sales and profit, the pride of Our Family in having Ditka's Restaurant Group as part of their lives, and the active loyalty of our Team Members, Suppliers, Friends of the Restaurant, and Guests & Communities. We know success depends on the initiative, goodwill, and performance of our Team Members and Leaders working together to ensure memories of Personal Indulgence, A Great Bar, and Food People Love for our Guests and being A Good Neighbor for our Neighbors.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)